To study in Chile you have to present the documentation requested by our educational system. First, you must have a student visa. We do not accept students without student visas.
To get your visa, you must go to the Chilean consulate in your country of origin and present documents* such as the ones below.
(Please note: These are just standard documents; the necessary documents for your country may vary slightly. Please check with your consulate for exact details.)
- Current passport
- Birth Certificate
- Acceptance certificate for a study program from a Chilean educational institution
- Document certifying that you’ll receive a loan or/and scholarship. In other cases, it is necessary to prove the necessary means to live in Chile
- Medical certificate. You can find the application form in the consulate of your country.
- Criminal records certificate of the country of residence, for students over 18 years old. The application form for this certificate can also be found in the consulate of your country.
- 2 current Passport photographs
- With these documents, you will be given a student visa valid for one year, and you can enter Chile within 90 days tops. This visa is for studies-related purposes only and does not allow you to work in Chile unless there is a special authorization evaluated by the consulate and no other.
Tip: During the visa process, you will be asked for a contact in Chile, please use the following information:
Surnames: Arriarán Álvarez
Address: Avenida Plaza 680, Las Condes
Observation: International Programs Coordinator